Being a new club, EDGE has a small but high quality fleet:
- 6 carbon fibre canoe polo boats + paddles (full team + 1), acquired through generous funding from Sport England
- 4 carbon fibre Nigel Dennis sea kayaks + paddles (on loan from the kind Mattias Altin)
- An assortment of playboats and river runners
Plus buoyancy aids suitable for all grades of water including white water, canoe polo balls and safety equipment.
Furthermore, the club benefits from full access to Brentford Boating Arch’s equipment (paddles, buoyancy aids, general purpose boats etc).
Hire of equipment
All Edge equipment is available for hire if you :
- are an Edge member
- are a competent paddler (2-star level plus)
- have completed Site Specific Training with Edge, to ensure you’ll be safe
- request hire of each item for specific dates and times via firstname.lastname@example.org
All boats (except sea kayaks): £5 half day / £10 full day.
Sea kayaks – as these are on loan, hire is £10 half day / £20 full day with the full amount going to Mattias Altin, the owner (until we get funding to buy them!)
Equipment is hired out on a trust-basis. Any damage or loss will need to be paid for at the discretion of the Equipment Officer. Note that most paddlers start out begging and borrowing from others before building up stashes of kit – try that too!