Posted: October 28th, 2010 | Author: stephen | Filed under: Social | No Comments »
Taking place this Sunday the 31st of October at Brentford Finger Lock starting at 1pm and finishing at around 5pm, with kayaking games for all the family (parents, you too!), and a slightly spooky Hallowe’en theme! Fancy dress is encouraged for all, invite your friends, family, cousins, neighbours, you name it! Everyone is welcome!
After the fun and games we will have our annual awards ceremony, with awards both silly and serious. If you would like to nominate anyone for an award from either of those categories, please do let us know!
We are asking for pledges of a small amount – £2 per person – to cover our costs, you can pledge this by signing up here and bring the money with you on the day.
We look forward to seeing you and all your friends on Sunday the 31st!
Posted: January 11th, 2010 | Author: stephen | Filed under: General | No Comments »
Hello all you kayakers and canoeists out in Facebook land. Edge Paddling now has a fan page where you can see the latest videos, pictures and comments direct from members of Edge Paddling – don’t just take our word for it, become a fan of our page and see what they have to say…
Click here to view the Edge Paddling Facebook Fan Page.
Posted: August 31st, 2009 | Author: stephen | Filed under: General | No Comments »
Formed out of a partnership with Brentford FC Community Sports Trust in June 2009, Edge Progressive Paddling plans to become West London’s premier, progressive Canoe Club.
Disciplines include; White water, freestyle, play boating, canoe polo, river running, surf kayaking. Plans to include Sprint, Marathon, sea kayaking, canoe and Slalom.
- Canoe Polo; Mondays 6.30-8.30pm at Brentford Finger Dock (next to Holiday Inn off Brentford High Street, TW8 8HP).
- Pool Session; Acton Baths, 4.30-6.30pm,Salisbury Street, Acton, London W3 8NW.Cost: £4.65 children; £5.65 adults. Session open to the public, everyone welcome.
- Thames Sessions; Kew Bridge, To be confirmed.
Trips & Program for the next 18 months
- Nene, Nottingham & River Tryweryn white water centres
- Rivers Dart, Etive and Tryweryn
- Surf Kayak, Bude-Cornwall, Donegal-Ireland)
- Hurley, Shepperton and Chertsey weirs
- Pool sessions (Rolling, Taster sessions)
- Adult memberships £70
- Junior memberships £30
- Concession memberships £35
- Family membership (2 adults up to 3 children) £150